Thursday 7 February 2013

Manana XVII/Tomorrow 16 Sonnet By Pablo Neruda


I do not love you as if you were a salt-rose, or a topaz,
or a spark from the fire.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, 
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you as a plant that never blooms
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives deep within me.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you purely, without complexities or pride;
I love you because I know not other way.

Than this: where I  does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that when your eyes close I fall asleep in your dreams.



No te amo como si fueras rosa de sal, topacio
o flecha de chaveles que propagan el fuego:
te amo como se aman ciertas cosas oscuras,
secretamente, entre la sombra y el alma.


Te amo como la planta que no florece y lleva
dentro de si, escondida, la luz de aquellas flores,
y gracias a tu amor vive oscuro en mi cuerpo
el apretado aroma que acendio de la tierra.


Te amo sin saber como, ni cuando, ni de donde,
te amo directamente sin problemas ni orgullo:
asi te amo porque no se amar de otra manera,


sino asi de este modo en que no soy ni eres,
tan cerca que tu mano sobre mi pecho es mia,
tan cerca que se cierran tus ojos con mi sueno.





By Pablo Neruda




To read more by Pablo Neruda check out this site: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/search/?keywords=pablo+neruda&pageSize=12

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite love poems. I feel it really describes the heart of love, and marriage.

    ReplyDelete